If you feel like you need to upgrade your living space, take some inspiration from the 5 most lavish homes of billionaires. When you've made as much money as the following folks, you know you're going to need some kicking digs. As such, the most lavish homes of billionaires really push the envelope in terms of opulence and overall comfort, but there's something to be said about dropping so much coin on your house. If you're going to build yourself a home with a nearly limitless budget, why not make it like one of the most lavish homes of billionaires?
- Bill Gates' Home. As the wealthiest man in the world and co-founder of Microsoft, you know Mr. Gates must have one of the most lavish homes of billionaires. Boasting 66,000 square feet of pure decadence, this house has a 60-foot swimming pool with underwater music system, a 24-person dining room, and a 2,500 square foot state of the art gym. Considering that man is worth approximately $40 billion, you know he's got to be kicking back in one of the most lavish homes of billionaires.
- Lakshmi Mittal's London Hideaway. When you're the head of the world's largest steel marker, you can't just hang your coat in a tiny three-bedroom apartment in Minnesota. Indeed, Mr. Mittal has one of the most decadent and lavish homes of billionaires ever. He owns a twelve bedroom townhouse in a neighborhood aptly named Billionaire's Row, complete with Turkish baths and a twenty car garage. Moreover, the entire place is embellished with marble taken from the same quarry that supplied materials for the Taj Mahal. Yes, that Taj Mahal.
- Larry Ellison's Japanese Paradise. Despite this entry's title, this mansion is located in Woodside, CA. Despite this, Ellison reportedly spent over $100 million to transform 24 acres of land into a picturesque Japanese palace, complete wooden bridges and a man-made lake. Considering the man is the founder of Oracle and worth approximately $22 billion, you know he has to have one of the most lavish homes of billionaires.
- Lev Leviev's London Abode. What would a listing of the most lavish homes of billionaires be without the world's largest diamond cutter and polisher. Located the in suburb of Hampstead, this 17,000 square foot estate features seven bedrooms, a gold-plated pool, and an in-house nightclub. Your eyes did not deceive you—the man can have a different bedroom each week, then dance the night away and take a dip in a gold-plated pool, without ever leaving home.
- Mukesh Ambani's Ziggurat. This has to be one of the most lavish homes of billionaires, considering that this house cost about $1 billion to build! Located in Mumbai, this towering symbol of decadence stands 27 stories and contains, among other things, a health club with dance studio, a 50-seater cinema, a 160-car garage, and three helipads. That should definitely be enough room for Ambani, his wife, three children, and staff of 600 that it takes to maintain this palace.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.