Given the fact that market prices may vary, there are numerous sources to consult when finding out what are the five most valuable vintage Star Wars action figures. And of course their listed values can vary widely. But the current consensus lists the following current market values:
- “Telescoping Lightsaber” Darth Vader. This was first issued in 1978 and now can fetch as much as $6,000 on the open market.
- VinylCapeJawa. Also circa 1978, this figure currently tops out at approximately $2,000.
- Rocket Firing Bobba Fett. Unlike the top two figures, this particular action collectible first hit the market in 1980…and now sells for an average price of $1,500.
- Yak Face. This most recently issued figure on the top five list was made available in 1985, and currently has a value of $1,000.
- Blue Snaggletooth. Issued in 1978, this particular item typically commands a price of $400.
All of the items on this particular list of the five most valuable vintage Star Wars action figures were by no small coincidence manufactured by Kenner … a company that now has most wishing they had purchased these pieces (that were considered at the time to be no more than disposable plastic play toys) at their original price at the time of their issue.
However, it should be realized that opportunities still exist to cash in where the five most valuable vintage Star Wars action figures are concerned. By simply keeping your eyes open while perusing garage sales, flea markets and other locales that sell such items, you may find ill-schooled merchants who have the figures classed as mere junk and tagged at bargain basement prices.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.