5 Natural Treatment For Herpes
Currently there is no cure for Herpes but healing is possible at home with 5 natural treatments for Herpes. Herpes is a sexually transmitted disease that is extremely contagious. A Herpes outbreak can cause pain, fever, and flu like symptoms. Herpes can be managed to reduce the number of outbreaks and minimize symptoms during an outbreak. Like any chronic disease, the best course of action is to embrace the disease, learn all about it, and learn how to manage it.
- Hygiene. Herpes are extremely contagious during an outbreak. To avoid spreading the disease, do not touch the open sores. If you touch a sore, do not touch anyone or anything else until you wash your hands in hot soapy water. Wash your hands frequently during an outbreak. This includes scrubbing under fingernails. Buy a nail brush and use it regularly.
- Herbal Supplements. Echinacea is natures antibiotic. Echinacea has antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties. Siberian Ginseng helps to suppress outbreaks and prevent genital herpes infections. Astragalus membranaceus root, a northern Asian herb, boosts the immune system and acts as a broad spectrum antibiotic. For serious treatment of Herpes with herbs, find an herbalist that can assist in creating the best treatment plan.
- Pain Relief. An outbreak of Herpes can cause pain, fever, and flu like symptoms. Over the counter pain relievers include aspirin, acetaminophen, and ibuprofen will help reduce pain and tenderness over the infected area. Wear loose fitting clothing and cotton underwear.
- Treating Herpes Outbreak. Wash Herpes sores with soap and water or antiseptic wipes approved for Herpes. Keeping the sores dry will help sooth painful symptoms. Use a hairdryer on a cool setting to dry sores and apply a small amount of cornstarch to the sore. Use caution when touching Herpes sores. Use disposable wipes or towels instead of regular wash cloths or towels to avoid spreading the virus and wash your hands immediately.
- Hydration. Drink water. Normal water intake is eight (eight ounce) glasses of water each day. When fighting an infection and especially when taking herbal supplements it is important to flush the system with fluids. Drink twice the normal amount of water each day during treatment.