Have you ever tried to think of 5 natural ways to lose weight? There are many diets and costly products on the market that claim to help you achieve your ideal weight. Many people, however, cannot afford or choose not to spend money on costly products. Fortunately, you have natural choices to help you achieve positive results.
- Eat regularly People often tend to skip meals when they’re trying to lose weight. Unfortunately, skipping meals is counter-productive. You need to keep your metabolism working. To do that, you need to feed your body. The secret is eating the right foods. Most nutritionists recommend eating five or six meals per day, depending on how many hours you’re up. Have a small meal approximately every 2.5 or three hours. Be sure to include a small portion of protein and vegetables. You can have a slice of whole-grain bread with your lunch. Eating small, healthy meals throughout the day generally produces positive results, but only if you eliminate all the junk food.
- Drink water Water helps the liver burn fat. If you don’t drink enough water, your body will retain more liquids, which will cause you to weigh more. In contrast, if you drink your recommended eight to ten glasses of water per day, your body will eliminate more water and your liver and organs will work more efficiently. Your muscles will also feel better, which will help you be more active and burn more calories.
- Manage stress When the body is under stress, it produces cortisol, a hormone that contributes to weight gain around the waist. Eliminate all unnecessary stress from your life. Don’t worry about things you can’t do anything about. Incorporate stress-management techniques into your life to lower cortisol levels and start losing weight.
- Go for a daily walk Walking regularly is an ideal way to manage weight. Besides burning calories, walking improves circulation and helps regulate your hormones. Exercise is also a practical stress management technique, which in turn aids in weight loss.
- Divide your meal in half Serve the food on your plate the way you normally do, then take half of the food and save it for your next meal. You’re suppose to eat approximately every three hours anyway, remember? Taking this approach to weight loss generally produces favorable results.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Things to Talk About This Weekend
Ebola, Brad Pitt, and giant spiders.