Respect and admiration is given to at least 5 NBA players that didn't go to college. These players' talents led them to be drafted without even playing college basketball. All of these players have exceptional skills and continue to earn their spots in the NBA.
- Kobe Bryant. Now playing for the Los Angeles Lakers, Kobe Bryant was drafted by the Charlotte Hornets in 1996. Bryant did not go to college, but has had no problem sustaining his role playing in the NBA for 13 years. He is a guard and this season has averaged 27.7 points per game.
- Lebron James. After attending St. Vincent-St. Mary high school in Ohio, Lebron James was the number one pick in the 2003 draft. James decided not to attend college after graduating from his Ohio high school. He has been playing with the Cleveland Cavaliers for the last six years. Wearing number 23, Lebron is a forward averaging 29.9 points per game this season.
- Rashard Lewis. After attending Alief Elsik high school, Lewis was drafted into the NBA in 1993. He has been playing for 11 years, although he never attended college or played college ball. Rashard Lewis is currently the forward for the Orlando Magics. This season Lewis has a 14.2 points per game average.
- Dwight Howard. Also playing for the Orlando Magics, as a center, Howard was drafted in 2004 as the first pick. He graduated from SW Atlanta Christian Academy in GA. After being drafted, Howard decided that he did not need to go to college. Playing professionally for over five years, Dwight Howard is averaging 18.7 points per game this season.
- Kevin Garnett. Garnett has played in the NBA for 14 years, longer than any of the others on this list. After he graduated from high school Garnett was drafted in 1995 by the Minnesota Timberwolves. Garnett currently plays as the center for the Boston Celtics. This season he as a 14.2 point per game average.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Style Profile: Jesse Nolan of Caught a Ghost
One of the most stylish guys in indie music on the benefits of dressing up for your home office and the "Blossom"-esque trend men should avoid.
Liev Schreiber Is a Bit Nicer Than Ray Donovan
With Season 2 underway, the actor explains how he relates to the nefarious character he plays.
7 Dates You Can’t Go On Until You’re ‘Dating’
Here are seven outings to avoid until she officially becomes your girlfriend. Unless you’d like that to not, you know, ever actually happen.