Summer is fast approaching and beach and ocean-themed parties will have you looking for these 5 ocean party snacks. Ocean party snacks should be portable and convenient; no need to lug around place settings at the beach! Whether you are hosting an event on a beach, in a boat on the ocean, or simply at your house with an ocean theme, ocean party snacks are fun and practical additions to your party menu.
Things You'll Need
- Plastic storage bags
- Cooler or other container
- Bendable skewers
- Pita pockets
- Assorted chopped vegetables (red peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes)
- Assorted fruit cut into chunks (watermelon, apples, pineapple, cantaloupe)
- Assorted dry foods (pretzels, popcorn, nuts, dried berries, cereal)
- Assorted seasoning (garlic powder, seasoned salt, curry powder)
- Shrimp and cocktail sauce
- For parties on the beach, prepare foods that can be eaten by hand without being messy. Construct several finger sandwiches cut into individual servings. Cut a pita bread circle in half. Spread hummus on the inside of each pocket. Stuff the pocket with assorted chopped vegetables like sweet red peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, and red onion; kalamata olives and feta cheese will add extra flavor. Cut the pockets into small triangles. Stack the triangles onto a tray and wrap with plastic wrap, or seal several triangles in a plastic strorage bag. Avoid storing the pitas directly on ice to prevent them from getting soggy.
- Cut several fruits into inch-sized cubes. Thread the fruit onto bendable skewers. For a party on a boat or at the beach, sprinkle the fruit with lemon juice to prevent them from browning. For an ocean party snacks at a house, grill the skewers for about a minute on each side. Serve grilled fruit with sweet yogurt for a summery treat. To really drive home the ocean party idea, select a blue yogurt like blueberry or vanilla dyed with blue food coloring.
- Mix 1 cup each of dry cereal, pretzel bits, plain popcorn, peanuts, dried cranberries, and raisins in a large bowl. Toss the mixture with a seasoning like garlic salt or curry powder. For easy travel of this ocean party snack, place servings in individual plastic bags. For land-dwelling ocean theme parties, serve the entire batch from a shell-shaped bowl.
- Serve chilled seafood at an ice bar at a party serving ocean snacks. A basic shrimp cocktail becomes a festive party food when served on an ice tray. Line a blue plastic tray with crushed ice. Line cooked shrimp along the ice. Place several small serving bowls with cocktail sauce along the side of the ice tray.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Lando’s Penalty Kick Ritual: A Tribute
He plays his last match for the USA tonight. This video is a testament to his impact.