5 Online Dating Safety Tips
Online dating is a popular and effective way to meet local singles, but it's not always safe, so here's 5 online dating safety tips. Not only will you keep yourself safe, you'll also ensure that your date is comfortable and enjoying the excitement of getting to know you.
- Meet in public. It's important to meet in a populated place for your first date. A coffee shop or similar location is a perfect choice because it's full of people, and if you don't click with you date, you meeting only has to last as long as your latte.
- Don't drink alcohol or drink only in moderation. Alcohol affects your judgement and lowers your inhibitions. It's best to only drink with a date after you're sure you can trust her.
- Tell a friend where you're going. It's natural to tell a buddy that you have a date. If you have a great time, you can brag to him about what an amazing woman you met. If it goes bad, he's your safety net.
- Meet at your date location. This tip is especially important because it means that both you and your date will have your own modes of transportation and neither will know where the other lives. This should be standard practice until you get to know your date better.
- Trust your instincts. If you don't feel comfortable or safe on a date, even if you can't explain exactly why, it's ok to end the date early. Just remember to be polite when you tell her goodbye.