The 80s was a decade of big hair, bright clothes and loud music. If you're going to throw an 80s inspired bash, consider fruity, colorful cocktails. Here are five party drinks you might want to try.
- Party patrons can dance the electric slide with an electric lemonade in hand. You will need: 1.5 fluid ounces vodka, 1/2 fluid ounce blue curacao, 2 ounces sour mix, 1 can of lemon-lime flavored soda like Sprite or 7 Up, 1 lemon Fill glass with ice and pour in vodka, blue curacao and sour mix. Then fill the glass with the soda. Garnish with lemon wedges if you prefer.
- What would an 80s party be without strawberry daiquaris? You will need: 6 cups ice, 1/2 cup sugar, 4 ounces frozen strawberries, 1/8 cup lime juice, 1/2 cup lemon juice, 3/4 cup rum, 1/4 cup lemon-lime soda. In a blender, mix ice, sugar and berries. Pour in the lime juice, lemon juice, rum and lemon-lime soda. Blend until smooth.
- For a more sophisticated party, try cranberry apple spritzer. You will need: 2 cups chilled dry white wine, 1 cup chilled cranberry-apple juice drink, 1 cup chilled sparkling water. Mix all ingredients together and serve over ice. Garnish with apple slices if desired.
- For a sweet and fruity drink, try sangria. You will need: 2/3 cup lemon juice, 1/3 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 bottle dry red wine. Strain juices into a half-gallon glass pitcher. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Stir wine into juice mixture. Add ice and garnish with lemon and orange slices if desired.
- What would any party be without the classic pina colada? Here is what you'll need: 3/4 cup sweetened cream of coconut, 1/4 cup half-and-half creme, 1/2 cup pineapple juice, 1 cup white rum, 4 cups ice. Combine coconut creme, half-and-half, pineapple juice and rum. Blend. Add ice (a little at a time) until mixture is thick. Pour and serve.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.