With televisions becoming more and more like computers, it's become much easier to troubleshoot them, so we have compiled a list of 5 Philips TV troubleshooting tips. Before you pick up that phone to call a repair person or a technical help line, why not see if we can be of assistance?
No power – 5 Philips TV Troubleshooting Tips. If you have no power, first ensure that your Philips television is actually turned on. The power button is located on the side of the television. If that fails, unplug the television, wait 60 seconds, and then plug it back in. You can also try plugging the television into a different wall outlet to make sure that there is not a problem with that specific outlet.
No sound – 5 Philips TV Troubleshooting Tips. If your Philips television has no sound coming out of the speakers, make sure that you have not accidentally muted your television. You can do this by pressing the up arrow on the volume control button on your remote control. Check the connections between your external device and television to make sure that they are firmly plugged into the correct audio inputs.
- No picture – 5 Philips TV Troubleshooting Tips. If you have no picture on your Philips television, check your external device to see which video input the device is plugged in to. Then press the input button on your remote control and scroll to that video input. If you are using a cable or satellite receiver, check the connections between that device and your television to ensure that the receiver is firmly connected to the correct input. If you have a direct connection with a coaxial cable, go into the menu using your remote control and auto-program the television.
- Remote is not working – 5 Philips TV Troubleshooting Tips. If your Philips remote control is not working, you can begin the troubleshooting process by changing the batteries. Make sure that you use batteries of the same brand. Check the infrared receiver on your television, typically located on the front bottom, to make sure that there are no obstructions in front of it. You can also try resetting the television by unplugging the television for 1 minute.
Distorted picture – 5 Philips TV Troubleshooting Tips. If the picture on your Philips television is distorted, it means that you are watching your television in the wrong picture format. Press the format button on your remote control and scroll through the various formats until you find one that suits your needs. For some external devices, you may have to change the picture format by viewing the menu associated with that device.
Tips and Warnings:
- Do not attempt to troubleshoot your television using our 5 Philips TV Troubleshooting Tips if you feel that you are not technically competent.
- If, after troubleshooting your television using our 5 Philips TV Troubleshooting Tips, there are still difficulties with your television, refer to your owner's manual or contact the manufacturer directly.
- Televisions are becoming more and more like computers. You can fix a wide array of issues by unplugging the television for 60 seconds.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.