These 5 phone etiquette tips for cell phones will keep you in the good graces of your family, friends and strangers. Many people do not realize that their cell phone manners have become an annoyance to the people around them. Once you realize what the annoyances are exactly, you can change your conduct as needed.
- Use a non-offensive ringtone. When in public, realize that some people are offended by loud ringtones that blast music and lyrics filled with vulgar language. Remember that your ringtone is a reflection of who you are. Your choice of ringtone may be great when around friends and family, but is it the type of ringtone you would want your supervisor or your grandmother to hear?
- Using proper phone etiquette means paying attention to your location. Working on a noisy construction site requires you to speak loud on the phone and to have your phone turned up. Under the same principle, etiquette in quiet places, such as a library or a restaurant, dictates that cell phone users keep their conversations quiet and short.
- Keep private conversations private. Arguments, private topics and highly emotional conversations should be discussed when you are alone. The shoppers at the local supermarket do not want to hear half of an argument that you are having with your spouse. If you practice proper phone etiquette, you will change your location, or call the person back at a time when you are alone.
- Know when to leave your cell phone at home or set on silent. There are times when a cell phone simply is not appropriate. Good phone etiquette will be appreciated by everyone around you during special events. At weddings, funerals and religious gatherings, your cell phone should be either shut off or left at home.
- Do not start a second conversation. When you are already speaking with someone in person, good etiquette demands that you let the phone ring so the call will go to your voice mail. Interrupting your current conversation to take a cell phone call tells the person in front of you that the call is more important than they are. If it truly is an emergency, excuse yourself for a moment to answer the call, and make the conversation brief.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.