Because people are relying on the benefits of taking natural supplements to aid their medical needs, there are been many searches for the top 5 benefits of taking pine bark extract supplements. Pine bark extract is obtained from the inner bark of a specific type of pine tree.
- Antioxidants Pine bark supplements protect against free-radical damage. The antioxidant effect is 50 times greater than that of vitamin C and E. The extract has the ability to protect the cells against free radical damage. Recent studies have been completed showing that pine bark traps hydroxyl free radicals, inhibit production of free radicals and reduce the destructive effects of the enzymes which can degrade connective tissues.
- Eye Health Studies have shown pine bark supplements to be effective for slowing retinopathy, the gradual break down of the retina in the eyes. Other studies have shown in healthy volunteers that an intake of 200mg daily drastically improved visual performance in dark and after glare tests. Other results from studies have revealed that patients who took pine bark supplements greatly improved their symptoms of diabetic retinopathies, maculopathies and other visual dysfunctions.
- Healthy Skin There is evidence showing that pine bark supplements may support the prevention of collagen destruction and also block elastase, part of the aging process. Fascinatingly, pine bark extract has also been shown to aid with skin disorders like hyperpigmentation and erythema, which is characterized by too much blood flow to the skin causing redness, spots and blisters.
- Cardio-Protective Pine bark supplements protect fat and cholesterol from oxidation, thus reducing arterial damage leading to heart disease. Studies have also revealed that pine bark supplements contribute in lowering cholesterol levels, shrinking the deposits in the arteries and slowing down platelet aggregation.
- Menopause Researchers have discovered through studies that pine bark extract supplements can reduce the symptoms of menopause. The supplement inhibits "climacteric symptoms" such as hot flashes, depression, panic attacks and other common symptoms associated with women beginning menopause. The studies also conclude that more women are resorting to natural hormone replacement therapy and pine bark extract may serve as an alternative to estrogen replacement therapy. Other studies have suggested that the supplement alleviates menstrual pain and endometriosis.
Pine bark supplement is available in a wide assortment of supplement formulas and most contain twenty to 100mg of pine bark extract. For general use as a supplement, a normal daily dosage would be one mg per kilogram of body weight or follow the directions printed on the label. It is very important to consult your physician before starting a new vitamin or dietary supplement. You should allow one month for the supplement to take effect and adjust to your body.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.