These 5 places to kayak in San Luis Obispo County can be found all over the county of 246,000 people. San Luis Obispo County lies between the San Francisco Bay Area and the city of Los Angeles, right along the Pacific Ocean in the Central Coast of California. A key feature of San Luis Obispo County is how agricultural and rural it is for an area that sits right on the California Coast.
- Morro Bay Estuary. Morro Bay Estuary takes the number one spot as the best place to kayak in San Luis Obispo County because of its sheltered conditions. Said shelter makes this the primary place for beginner kayakers to familiarize themselves with this outdoor sport. Furthermore, you are going to see some great scenery and sea life in this estuary area.
- Cayucos State Beach to Point Estero. Cayucos State Beach to Point Estero easily steals the number two position as the second best place to kayak in San Luis Obispo County. At this location, the shoreline faces to the south for several miles, which will benefit your kayaking experience since you will get a reprieve from any surprise swells or even just excessive winds.
- Montana de Oro. At number three due to the manageable length of 4.1 miles of this kayaking course, Montana de Oro is actually part of Montana de Oro State Park right in San Luis Obispo County. As you kayak this course, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the astounding, natural beauty of the area, which includes kelp beds, wildlife, sea caves and natural arches.
- Olde Port Beach to Pirate's Cove. This place to kayak in San Luis Obispo deserves to sit at number four due to its very easy course that makes it a great place for beginners to try. You go from Port San Luis to the San Luis Obispo Creek estuary, and then you end your kayaking trip at Pirate's Cove, which offers great sunsets.
- Piedras Blancas Point to San Simeon Cave. Rounding out this list of the 5 best places to kayak in San Luis Obispo County is Piedras Blancas Point to San Simeon Cave. The infamous Hearst Castle will look over a certain section of your kayaking course here, and on the way, you will pass a colony of elephant seals, premium fishing locales, and great tide pools.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …