Planning a trip and wondering 5 places in Reno for the best steak? Typically, Reno is best known for its casinos, but there are excellent restaurants there including steak houses that prepare them just the way you tell them. Additionally, many of the steakhouses in Reno are within casinos, which makes it very convenient if you're already there to gamble a bit.
- Ruby River Steakhouse: The Ruby Red Restaurant is one of the best places in Reno for steak. They feature a full-size salad bar to start your meal and appetizers such as Fireside Chili Fries and Smokin' Salmon Won Tons. Steak items include the New York Cut, T-Bone, Ribeye and Filet Mignon, plus many others. The chefs prepare your steak to your specifications. Ruby River Steakhouse: 2750 S. Virginia St., Reno, NV 89501, 775-827-4007.
- Harrah's Reno Steakhouse. This is one of the best places in Reno for steaks, and it is inside the same building as the infamous Harrah's Casino. The restaurant serves your steak with a house salad or soup. They serve Filet Mignon Oscar Style, Angus Ribeye, Bone in Angus New York, Teriyaki Flat Iron Steak and Premium Angus T-Bone. The menu includes cold and hot appetizers and desserts. Harrah's Reno Steakhouse: 219 North Center St., Reno, NV 89501, 775-788-2929.
- Outback Steakhouse. The restaurant is one of the best places in Reno for steak. The restaurant offers an enormous salad bar and assorted appetizers. The steaks are hand-trimmed before cooking to make sure they are just right. Their specialties are Victoria's Filet, Ribeye, New York Strip, The Melbourne, Prime Rib and Teriyaki Marinated Sirloin. Outback Steakhouse: 3645 S. Virginia St., Reno, NV 89502, 775-827-5050.
- Cactus Creek Southwestern Steakhouse. This is one of the best places in Reno for steak because it is not only a full-service restaurant, it is in the same building as the Bonanza Casino. Appetizers include house specialties, salad or soup. The restaurant serves Prime Porterhouse, Prime New York, Prime Ribeye, Prime Flat Iron and Prime Top Sirloin. Cactus Creek Southwestern Steakhouse: 4720 North Virginia St. Reno, NV 89506, 775-323-2724.
- Ichiban Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar. This restaurant offers one of the best places in Reno for steak and has a sushi bar and is located in the Harrah’s Casino building. The restaurant features Filet Mignon with seafood such as lobster and shrimp. The chef prepares your meal as you watch so you know it is fresh and just the way you enjoy it. Ichiban Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar: 206 North Virginia St, Reno, NV 89501, 775-323-5550.