You can use these 5 plasma TV troubleshooting tips to fix basic problems and get your television back online. You know you do not want to miss the original “True Grit” starring John Wayne or the latest Eagles football game.
- You have no picture. If the plasma TV does not show a picture, turn the television off. Turn it back on 10 seconds later, after restarting it. If the problem is the result a communications error, you should get a resolution notice as the set warms up
- Your picture is pink. Pink pictures usually indicate a problem with the cables. Connect all the cables properly and restart the machine. If the picture is now showing, you do not need to do anything else. Screens that remain pink are an indication that you should shorten the cable length. Data from the cables is getting lost somewhere.
- You See Sparkles or Flashes. If you are watching the introduction to the newer Outer Limits, there is no problem and you should not attempt to adjust your Plasma TV. On the other hand, it is possible that your HDMI cable has gone bad. Replace it with a cable known to be good.
- Screen blanks out. If other devices go out simultaneously, the problem is not the set. Check your circuit breaker. Continued problems indicate an electrical fault somewhere. Second, check the switch in the TV. Finally, check to make sure that the set’s Transition Minimized Differential Signaling does not have a high bit error rate.
- Check the Power Cord. It seems silly, but many tech support calls for computers get resolved by simply plugging an item in. Plasma TV problems that do not lie in the cables should be fixed by professionals.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
As Boogie Nights Turns 20, Here’s What You Didn’t Kno...
Fun facts about Paul Thomas Anderson, Dirk Diggler, Rollergirl and more.
19 Men’s Grooming Gaffes That Totally Turn Women Off
And what to do about them.