After getting your penile implant placed through surgery, you may experience any of these 5 post penile implant problems. Penile implants are for men who have difficulty getting or keeping an erection. This type of procedure is one of the options you have to correct the problem.
- Infection: Infection is a post penile implant problem that may occur at anytime. If infection does occur, it will most likely happen within the first few weeks after surgery. In rare situations, infection may occur years later. It is important to report any signs of pus, pain or discomfort as soon as it happens. You may need to have the implant replaced or removed.
- Malfunctions and involuntary inflation: As with any device, penile implants may malfunction or not work correctly. You should be aware of this if your erections do not last or you have difficulty getting an erection. A new device is put in through a second surgery. You should also know that some inflatable penile implants can inflate on their own. This can lasts a couple of months.
- Does not work: There is a very small chance that the device will not work at all. It may not help you achieve an erection when you are aroused. In this case, the device will be replaced or removed completely.
- Soreness: Surgical sites tend to have a certain amount of soreness. The area can be tender to the touch, red or sometimes swell. If your implant soreness, redness or swelling worsen, report it to your doctor immediately.
- Unhappy: Although you have taken steps to remedy your erection problems, you may not be happy with your implant. It is a personal decision to undergo the surgery. It is okay if you change your mind. There are other options available to you as well. The implants are not permanent and can be removed at any time. However, be aware that a second surgery has risks. Talk about your concerns with your doctor and go over other options to fix your erectile problems.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...