Here are five profiles of the best young entrepreneurs of India. The four men and one woman on this list represent the high ideals of India’s young entrepreneurs, and the drive to implement those ideals in a world of high-technology and global economy.
- Murugavel Janakiraman – Murugavel Janakiraman launched BharatMatrimony.com in 1997. Today it is the premiere Indian matrimonial portal on the Internet. The Asia Indian Chamber of Commerce has honored Janakiraman as one of the top five Asian Indian businessmen in the United States. Janakiraman, 38, is the CEO of Consim Group. With a master’s degree in computer science, he has worked as a consultant on software projects for several leading U.S. companies.
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma – Vijay Shekhar Sharma is the founder of One97, a telecom products and services company founded in 2000. With an Electronics and Communications degree from Delhi College of Engineering, he is the quintessential entrepreneur with many successful ventures. Sharma is a leader in his industry, and his many “firsts” include groundbreaking business models and customer communication products.
- Yangdup Lama — Yangdup Lama, a certified bar and beverage trainer, is a bar consultant for several international spirit brands in India. He received his formal bartender training in Spain in 1996 and 1997. Shortly thereafter, he was named the winner of the Asia Pacific 30 Under 30 for being one of the outstanding bartenders in Asia. Lama launched a bar and beverage management company in 2003 that currently runs three bartending schools in Delhi, Mumbai, and Kathmandu.
- Rouble Nagi – A resourceful artist, Rouble Nagi has worked in various media including paint, sculpture, ceramics, metal, stone carving, and mosaic. Nagi has one of the largest mural companies in Asia, with more than 600 murals to her credit worldwide. “Life inspires my art. Art has given me my life,” says Nagi. She shares her passion with the next generation, as an organizer of art camps for the underprivileged children of India.
- Nalin Khanduri – In 2000, Nalin Khanduri founded Great Indian Outdoors, a leading outdoors company destined to become India’s first adventure/outdoors corporation. A chemical engineer with an MBA degree, Khanduri’s love of the outdoors is evident from his twenty years of experience with wilderness trips. Great India Outdoors offers programs to individuals, families, schools, and corporations.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …