5 Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend About Marriage
There are at least 5 questions you should ask your girlfriend about marriage. These questions will let you know if the two of you are compatible. You need to know if you have the same plans for the future, or if things simply do not mesh. You also need to find out things about her past; you certainly do not want any surprises popping up when the two of you begin to your new life together. So, in order to be on the safe side, you should at least know the answer to these 5 questions before you and your girlfriend get married.
- Does she want kids and what is the time frame? Okay, now the answer to this question may change overtime. Everyone has the right to change their mind; and, what you think at twenty may not be the same thing you think at thirty or forty. With this in mind, when you ask your girlfriend this question before marriage, you cannot expect her to change her mind. So, if the two of you are in complete disagreement about when and how to start a family, you may want to seriously examine your compatibility.
- What is her financial situation like? Finances are one of the leading stresses in marriage. It is also one of the leading reasons couples cite when they get divorced. So, before marriage, do yourselves a favor, reveal to each other any and all debt that you may have. Answering this question honestly may save the marriage.
- What are her religious beliefs? Having opposite ideas on faith and religious is by no means a relationship killer. Love transcends creeds, race, culture, and beliefs. Still, you need to know what to expect. You cannot just assume that she will want to practice your religion or beliefs. Also, you cannot just assume that you will raise your kids under your specific ideal religion. These questions definitely need to be answered before marriage.
- What were her past relationships like? She does not need to tell you about every sordid detail of her past. Frankly, some of it is probably none of your business. Of course, there are things that you should know, especially those things that will directly affect you. For instance, what was her past sexual activity like? Knowing the answer to this question before marriage is actually a health and safety issue. You also may want to discover whether she has any jealous ex-lovers you should be on the look out for.
- What are her expectations of you? Answering this question is a must. You need to know what she expects from you; and you need to tell her what you expect from her. Does she view you as the main provider? Does she expect you to have little social activity outside of her and work? Does she see bad habits in you that she wants to change? You need to be completely honest here. The goal behind asking these questions about marriage is to get everything out in the open. This way there are no surprises.