Everyone should have at least 5 quick and easy cooking recipes at their disposal. You never know when unexpected company will show up, or you'll want to bring a date home and need to cook something that impresses – or at least tastes good and is easy to fix. Or maybe you've just got home from work starving, and don't feel like cooking anything that takes forever. It's always best if you have a few recipes like this stashed away that can be made with kitchen staples – pasta, rice, cream soups, canned tomatoes and the like. You know, non-perishable type stuff that you should always keep stocked in your kitchen. With that in mind, here are five quick and easy cooking recipes that can get through just about any situation.
- Creamy chicken - You'll start with four chicken thighs. Put a little salt and pepper on them, and then brown them in a little oil in a large, deep frying pan. You don't need to cook them through, just brown them on both sides. Add one regular sized can of condensed cream of chicken and mushroom soup and one can of stewed or diced tomatoes. Stir, and leave it to simmer over medium low heat until the chicken is cooked through – about twenty minutes. Serve over rice or pasta with some steamed vegetables. Bonus – you can use other flavors of condensed cream soup, like cream of broccoli or cream of cauliflower to change this recipe up. This quick and easy cooking recipe takes about 30 minutes to cook and serves four people.
- Veggie stir-fry - Boil up a pack of ramen noodles, but don't add the seasoning. While waiting for the noodles to cook, dump a bag of frozen stir-fry vegetables into a large frying pan or wok with a bit of oil, and stir fry until tender-crisp. Add the cooked noodles, the seasoning pack from the ramen, and soy sauce to taste. Mix well. If you like, sprinkle cashews or fried rice noodles on top for crunch. This quick and easy cooking recipe takes about 30 minutes to cook and serves two to three, depending on appetites.
- Pasta Primavera – Make it easy by using a jar of Alfredo sauce. Boil a 12 oz pack of penne pasta with a bag of frozen carrots, broccoli and cauliflower mix.. While the pasta cooks, pan fry two skinless, boneless chicken breasts in olive oil with a little garlic, salt and pepper. Drain the pasta/vegetables and mix with a 15 oz jar of Alfredo sauce. Serve with the chicken on the side. Tip – make the pasta saucier if you like by adding a tablespoon of butter, a splash of milk and a tablespoon or two of parmesan cheese. This quick and easy cooking recipe is ready in about twenty minutes and serves two hungry people.
- Grilled Cheese Deluxe - A grilled cheese sandwich is easy to cook, but doesn't have to be plain! Switch up the bread by using sourdough or rye. Make your sandwich using a slice of provolone and some sliced tomato. Add a dollop of pesto sauce. Butter the outside of the bread, and fry until golden. This quick and easy cooking recipe takes about ten minutes to prepare and cook.
- Reuben Dogs - Start with high quality all meat hotdogs. Split them and fry them in a frying pan. Place each in a roll. Cover with sauerkraut, thousand island dressing, and a slice of Swiss cheese. Place under the broiler (or in the oven if you don't have a broiler) until the cheese melts. If you cook them under the broiler, watch them carefully; the line between ready to eat and burned to charcoal is a very fine one. This quick and easy cooking recipe takes about fifteen minutes to prepare and cook.
Check out an easy and delicious recipe for ramen noodles
A real man seduces women with skill, with cunning, with forethought and technique. He removes bra and panties not with a ...
When you're ready to take Italian food to the next level, you can learn how to cook a meal like Mario Batali. While ...