5 Reason For Prescribing Valtrex
There are at least 5 reasons for prescribing Valtrex. Valtrex is a drug that helps to treat many different types of viral infections. Medical doctors typically prescribe Valtrex to both adults and children; however, the reasons for prescribing the drug often vary.
- Slow herpes growth Herpes is a viral infection that can be partially treated by prescribing Valtrex. It is not a curable virus, but symptoms, such as the spread of infectious sores, can be treated and inhibited by Valtrex.
- Treat cold sores A cold sore is actually a type of herpes; therefore, the symptoms can be treated effectively by prescribing Valtrex. Cold sores typically occur around the lips or inside the mouth, making them very similar to mouth herpes.
- Treat chickenpox The older a person is when they contract chickenpox, the more dangerous this virus can be. Valtrex can help relieve symptoms and inhibit the spread of the chicken pox virus. This can help contain the blisters and rash to the face and scalp where they first appear, and prevent them from travelling to the rest of the body.
- Treat shingles The same virus that can cause an outbreak of chicken pox amongst children can cause a shingles outbreak. Shingles affects both children and adults. Most people get it the first time as children and then have a recurrent outbreak as an adult. Valtrex can help control and stop a shingles outbreak for all age groups.
- Viral infections Other than the specific viral infections listed, there are many different types of infections that prescribing Valtrex may be able to treat. Any virus that causes sores, blisters, rashes or itching may be treated with Valtrex.