Ask any of her fans and they'll likely be able to give you more than 5 reasons to love Zooey Deschanel. Zooey flourishes as an old soul in the land of the new and shiny, otherwise known as Hollywood. Her style looks as if it were plucked right out of a 1950s flick, and her undeniably good looks leave both men and women drooling. It's truly effortless to love Zooey Deschanel.
- She's quirky. Zooey Deschanel is one of the few actresses who inject a touch of their own quirky personalities into each movie role they take on. In films such as “500 Days of Summer” and “Yes Man," she demonstrates a heavy dose of sarcasm and a spunky, “I don't give a damn” personality. Her down-to-earth charisma shines through in red carpet appearances, late-night talk show stints and interviews. The realism she brings to Hollywood is certainly on the ever-expanding list of reasons to love Zooey Deschanel.
- Her angelic looks. Zooey is an absolute dream to watch on the screen. Her wide ocean-blue eyes, supple porcelain skin with a backdrop of flowing black locks make for an angelic-looking Zooey. Not only is her face flawless, she also boasts a slim, yet healthy, figure. A beautiful face accompanied by a slim hourglass figure, and a down-to-earth personality to boot; who could resist?
- She's a triple threat. Zooey Deschanel's talent must have other Hollywood starlets shaking in their six-inch Christian Louboutins. Her acting is believable and entrancing, she dances like a delicate flower and has been blessed with vocal chords which can easily rival Sara Bareilles' high notes. She demonstrates her singing talents and her piano and ukulele-playing skills in her indie folk bank, “She and Him.” The indie community bows down in unison to Zooey Deschanel's genius.
- She rejects the mold. Most Hollywood starlets run errands while donning mini dresses, a full face of makeup, Victoria Secret-worthy hair and teetering in five-inch heels with a small puppy in tow. But Zooey Deschanel roams the streets in girly tops, jeans and a pair of flats without makeup, and sans puppy. She lets women across the globe know that you can be a successful actress/musician and resist looking like a my-size Barbie. She breaks the mold, and that's one of the many reasons to love Zooey Deschanel.
- She's humble. It's no secret that indie films rarely provide fat paychecks or oodles of exposure. But even though Zooey has starred in numerous big-budget films and has essentially “made it big,” she never turns up her nose at indie roles. Maintaining an elite status in Hollywood and working on low-budget indie flicks that may never see the light of day is truly a balancing act. But she wears both hats mighty well.
So, there you have it; 5 reasons to love Zooey Deschanel. She's a big fat diamond swimming in a sea of glossy gems. Her shining personality, enviable appearance and ongoing list of talents will only grow over time.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.