There are 5 reasons you might need rectal surgery. When men hear they will need or there is a possibility for rectal surgery many men have fear run through their body. The fear comes from the possibility of having to wear a bag after rectal surgery. Men will often put off going to the doctor to check out any symptoms they are having for that very reason. The fear of wearing a bag should not prohibit you from having yourself checked out if you suspect something is wrong. Listed below you will find 5 reasons you might need rectal surgery.
- Rectal cancer surgery. Hearing the words cancer is a serious issue because it makes one rethink everything in their lives. Surgical care of cancer in the rectum depends on size of tumor, the stage, the location of the tumor, depth of invasion and the muscles which control bowel movements.
- Inflammatory bowel disease. Inflammatory bowel disease affects only a portion or can affect the entire rectum which does require surgery. As with rectal cancer symptoms the symptoms for inflammatory bowel disease can be similar and I will state symptoms for all later in the article.
- Ulcerative colitis. Ulcerative colitis begins in the distal rectum and spreads to the beginning of the colon. In the beginning if caught in time it will be dealt with medications and if it has progressed may require surgery.
- Crohn's disease. Crohn's disease affects the entire GI from mouth to anus. This can lead to patchy disease through the GI system. Doctors try to avoid surgery with crohn's disease whenever possible. If other treatments are unresponsive then rectal surgery will be needed.
- Rectal prolapse. Rectal prolapse is when all or a portion of the rectum protrudes from the anus. Rectal prolapse can happen de to straining to have a bowel movement or from constipation. It has been mistaken for hemorrhoids by many doctors.
Symptoms for the above rectal problems include but not limited to: blood in stool, loss of weight, loss of appetite, fever and night sweats all accompany any of the above conditions. If you feel you are at risk for any of the above visit your doctor.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.