5 Recipes For Healthy Eating
These 5 recipes for healthy eating is a great start to improving your overall health. Healthy eating is at the forefront of everyone's mind, right alongside saving and earning more money. Reasons for eating healthy have typically been to lose weight or to keep weight off, but these reasons have begun to evolve in more recent years into maintaining good health and staying more active. Now, eating healthy does not involve fads like cutting out carbs and eating nothing but air. Instead, healthy eating means feeding your body so it can perform at its peak. Here are five easy recipes to get you started on a whole new path to health.
Avocado Omelette Supreme
- 2 to 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. skim milk
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- Chopped onion (to taste)
- 3 to 5 sprigs cilantro
- 1/2 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 lemon (optional)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Start by chopping up the veggies and setting them aside. You may wish to cover them with the juice of half a lemon as well.
- Add the eggs and milk into a bowl and mix them well. Pour into a greased pan or skillet.
- Once eggs begin to set, flip the omelette over. Add the vegetable mix on one half of the omelette.
- Fold the other half over the vegetables and cook for another two to three minutes.
- Once done, you can add salt and pepper to this healthy eating recipe and enjoy!
On the Go Trail Mix
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup carob nibs
- 1/2 cup fruit chips of choice
- Dash of salt
- Honey to taste
- 1 to 2 tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees or use a dehydrator.
- Place all ingredients except honey and salt in a bag and shake to mix them up.
- Spread the mix over a baking tray or dehydrator tray.
- Mix some honey, around one tablespoon to start, with an equal amount of water in a small bowl.
- Use a basting brush or simply drizzle this mixture all over the trail mix.
- Sprinkle a dash or two of sea salt for sweet and salty flavor.
- Let dehydrate for twelve to 24 hours and then bag and eat this recipe whenever you want!
Light "Veggie" Pasta
- 1 package whole grain pasta (about 13 ounces)
- 7 to 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 tsp. dried or fresh rosemary
- 1 to 2 tsp. olive oil
- 4 to 5 stalks asparagus, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Light sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Boil pasta and asparagus until they are soft enough for your tastes.
- Drain the pasta. Sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon olive oil over the pasta and set aside.
- Chop tomatoes and asparagus and add to the pasta. Now combine all ingredients slowly and sprinkle the remaining olive oil.
- Add salt, rosemary and other spices to taste.
Green Flax Yogurt
- 1 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- 2 tsp. ground flaxseed (golden or brown)
- Mix matcha powder and flaxseed into yogurt.
Eat by itself or add apple wedges for more health benefits. Great pick-me-up health recipe without mid-day coffee woes!
Spicy Apple Tilapia
- Juice of one apple
- 3 to 4 tilapia filets
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and lemon to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a baking pan and lay fish in pan.
- Mix juice, red pepper, cayenne and parsley in a bowl and pour this mixture over and around the tilapia.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and poke a few small holes in the foil. Bake about ten to fifteen minutes or until fish easily flakes with a fork.
- You may wish to broil the fish a bit by placing in on a flat baking pan and setting the oven to broil for the last two to three minutes of baking.
- 1 small pineapple, peeled and chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes (raw, if possible.)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Mix all ingredients in a blender or food processor for one to two minutes.
- Then add honey or Stevia and blend for another one to two minutes.
- Pour into ice cream maker and place in the freezer until firm. Delicious healthy eating to end the day!