5 Retirement Gag Gifts
Here are 5 retirement gag gifts. Retirement is one of the things that most people look forward to for many years of their working life. After working hard and saving for retirement, most people are more than ready to retire. When it's finally time to retire, what better way to celebrate than with a gag gift?
- Silly Glasses. A great retirement gag gift is a set of fake glasses that say retired on top of the lenses. This makes it easy to pick out the guest of honor at a retirement party.
- Inflatable Walker. An inflatable walker, complete with hazard tape lets everyone know that there is a retiree nearby, and they're moving slow. Watch Out.
- Parking Sign. If the person retiring has reserved parking, a great gag gift is a parking sign that says "retired parking only." This gift is cute and actually a somewhat useful way of marking their parking space.
- Novelty Clock. There are several types of novelty clocks you can get that tie into someone's retirement and their other interest. Some include "tee time," "time to fish," and other common retirement activities, in place of the numbers on the face of the clock.
- Silly Cane. You can take a regular can from a drugstore, and turn it into a retirement cane. Just add a horn, and some warning tape and a sign that says "retiree coming through." This is a gag gift that you can tailor to fit the type of job someone retired from. For a nurse, you can add a stethoscope.
No matter what type of gag gift you get for someone who is retiring, it's usually a good idea to also follow it up with a real gift. For any of the gag gifts above, you could also get the person a gift card for and early bird dinner at their favorite restaurant.