5 Retirement Gift Ideas
To ensure you get the perfect gift for the retiree in your life, consider 5 retirement gift ideas sure to please and entertain most retirees. From retirees within your family to retiring co-workers, you have numerous options when shopping for retirement gifts.
- Give the retiree a work memento. While the retiree is ready to get out of the work force and spend his golden years relaxing, there will be times when he misses work. He might not miss work in particular, but he will miss his friends from work. One great gift to offer a retiree is mementos from work. Things you may consider for such gifts include framed photographs of his friends at work, photograph collages and photo puzzles featuring images of fellow co-workers. You may also gift the retiree with an attractive plaque commending his work efforts in the past.
- Gift the retiree with a present to bring entertainment to their golden years. Eventually sitting at home and not having the responsibility of work causes many retirees to feel bored and stir crazy. Gifting hobby and entertainment gifts gives the retiree something to entertain herself with during all her extra free time. Presents you may consider for this type of gift include DVD's, book collections, sewing materials, wood-working materials or coins to add to the retirees coin collection.
- Provide the retiree in your life with a sports related gift to help pass away all the extra time available after retiring. Things to consider for this type of retirement gift include gift certificates for free rounds of golf, new tennis clubs, hunting gear or fishing gear.
- Send the retiree on vacation. What better way to send start the retirees retirement off right than to send him on a much-needed vacation? Take a up a collection among your family or among co-workers to add to the retirees vacation fund. If the retiree does not want to go on a vacation, he can use the money in any way he sees fit.
- Give the retiree a gift that keeps on giving. To help fund his retirement, present the retiree with stocks or bonds that he can use to ensure he does not have to return to the work force to avoid losing his house. For these gifts you may also consider taking up a collection or give away a stock or bond that you own and no longer want.