These are five sad R&B songs. R&B has had some of the best sad songs in the history of music. R&B is often about love and relationships. When there is sadness in relationships, it comes out in music. Music is the avenue to the soul and R&B music helps drive you to your deepest emotions.
- "Killing Me Softly With His Song" – "Killing Me Softly with His Song" is a sad R&B song sung by Roberta Flack. The song was composed in 1972 by Charles Fox and Norman Gimbel. The version sung by Roberta Flack became the most popular version of this song. This song is sad and will get your emotions going.
- "It’s So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday" – "It’s So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday" is a song by Boyz II Men. This is a sad R&B song sung about losing someone. The song was written in 1975 for “Cooley High” by Freddie Perrin and Christine Yarian. Boyz II Men sung the song in memory of Aaliyah who died in a plane crash in 2001.
- "Un-Break My Heart" – "Un-Break My Heart" is a sad R&B song by Toni Braxton. "Un-Break My Heart" is a self-explanatory song about a girl with a broken heart. The song was written by Diane Warren. This song was very sad and rose up the ranks of the Billboard for Toni Braxton at number ten all-time top one hundred songs. This is success out of sadness.
- "Torn" – "Torn" is a song sung by Latoya Luckett. The song "Torn" is a sad R&B song about being torn between staying with or leaving her lover. This sad song is the first official single hit by Latoya in 2006. Sad songs are often the best songs because they come from the heart.
- "Can’t Let Go" – "Can’t Let Go" is a sad R&B song by singer-songwriter Anthony Hamilton. This sad song was released in 2006 and made it to number one on the US Billboard Hot Adult R&B Airplay. The song is about how he can’t let go of a relationship that was built on love. It is a very sad R&B song.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.