If you're feeling down and looking for music to fit your mood, these 5 sad songs of 2008 will certainly work. We've all had those days when nothing seems to work to make us feel better. When you find yourself in one of those moods, sometimes the best thing to do is just wallow in it and let the sadness wash over you and get it out. So if you're ready to stay in the house, close the curtains and soak in your own self-pity, try cranking up these five sad songs of 2008.
- "Bleeding Love" by Leona Lewis: This R&B tinged pop song was a massive hit worldwide for Lewis, who became a household name after winning the reality show The X Factor. The lyrics to the song refer to being in love so much that it hurts.
- "No Air" by Jordin Sparks w/Chris Brown: A beautiful and sad duet about how difficult it is to live without someone, as stated in the lyrics "Can't live, can't breathe without air, it's how I feel whenever you ain't there."
- "Take a Bow" by Rihanna – This sad song is sung from the perspective of someone who is betrayed by a lover who has lied one too many times. The single is one of Rihanna's biggest hits to date.
- "Happy Ending" by Mika – If you've ever spent a night tossing and turning in bed, wondering where it all went wrong, this is the soundtrack for that night. Mika tells us "This is the way you left me, I'm not pretending. No hope, no love, no glory, No Happy Ending."
- "What Hurts the Most" by Cascada – Sometimes a sad song says what we want to say better than we can, and that's the case in this song by Cascada. "What hurts the most was being so close and having so much to say – and watching you walk away."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.