If you're having a lot of people over during the holidays who like to eat, you might need five sausage appetizers for Thanksgiving. Men are carnivores, so it only makes sense to include sausage. Here are some simple recipes you might want to try.
Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound white mushrooms, cleaned with stems removed
- Stir cream cheese and hot pepper sauce into the cooked sausage.
- Cook over low heat until creamy.
- Spoon the sausage mixture into the upside-down mushroom caps.
- Arrange mushrooms on a microwave-safe platter and microwave for three to five minutes until hot and steaming.
- Let cool for a minute and serve.
Barbecued Cocktail Sausages
- 2 to 3 pounds cocktail sausages
- 10 oz. jar of grape jelly
- 11 oz. jar of Heinz chili sauce
- Put the jelly and chili sauce into a crock pot.
- Warm the ingredients and stir until jelly is melted and sauce is smooth.
- Add the sausages and stir to cover them with the sauce.
- Cook them on low heat for an hour or longer, stirring occasionally and making sure the sauce doesn't burn.
- Take the lid off if you want a thicker sauce, or leave with the lid on for a thinner sauce.
- Serve right from the crock pot.
Sausage Biscuit Balls
- 1 pound bulk spicy sausage
- 10 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 3 cups Bisquick
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix it all up by hand and form into balls about the size of walnuts.
- Bake at 375 degrees on a lightly greased pan for twelve minutes.
- Serve warm.
Quick Sausage Squares
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 10 slices white bread or sliced sourdough bread
- Mix together everything but the bread in a medium bowl. Turn on the broiler.
- Cut the crusts from the bread
- Cut each slice of bread into two-inch squares.
- Spread about a teaspoon of the mixture on each square.
- Arrange squares on an ungreased baking sheet and heat under the broiler until cheese melts and topping bubbles.
- Serve hot.
Pigs in a Blanket
- 1 pound party sausages
- 2-3 cans of rolled crescent roll dough
- Dry off the sausages so they are free of any moisture.
- Unroll one of the cans of crescent roll dough and tear apart the triangles.
- Cut each triangle of dough in half.
- Wrap around each sausage with a triangle of dough. Pinch the end to the rest of the dough to keep it in place while cooking.
- Bake as directed for the crescent roll dough on the package, and keep an eye on them so they don't burn.
- Serve warm.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.