If you are in a long-term relationship, here are 5 serious questions to ask your girlfriend. Do you see a future with the girl you’re dating? Are you ready to take it to the next level? Are you having doubts but aren’t sure what to do? There are some questions whose answers will affect your decisions in the relationship. There are 5 serious questions to ask your girlfriend that will assist you in how to proceed in your relationship.
1. What are your views on marriage? This question tops the list as one of the five serious questions to ask your girlfriend. Marriage today is not like marriage ten years ago. Some believe marriage is a special bond between two people, a promise to be loyal and love each other until death. Some believe marriage is just a label and are perfectly happy in a long-term, committed relationship. Others look at marriage as a means to an end—once the vows are taken and the ring is on the finger means no more freedom. Knowing how your girlfriend feels about marriage before the relationship is taken too far and attachments become too much will help you decide if the relationship might be in for the long haul or if it’s just a “let’s have fun” thing. There’s no need to waste her time or yours if you’re in it for a marriage and she’s not, or vice versa.
2. What is your idea of the “perfect” relationship? The answer to this question can tell you a lot about your girlfriend, which is why it’s one of the five serious questions to ask. This is your opportunity to listen to your girlfriend and hear the things she is looking for in a relationship. Don’t you want to be the one who gives everything to her? Don’t you want to be the one to give her the “perfect” relationship? It’s an advantage for you. Take the time to ask and listen and seize the opportunity to be the one who makes her dreams come true.
3. What are your views on children? Before taking your relationship to the next level, this is a must-know question, and very worthy of a spot as one of the five serious questions to ask your girlfriend. For so many couples, kids are a deal-breaker. One wants them, the other doesn’t—relationship snag. In order to take the next step and have a future together, you and your girlfriend have to be in agreement on this subject. If you want children but your girlfriend doesn’t, or vice versa, the future of your relationship will be very short-lived, unless one of you has a change of heart.
4. What are your values/religious beliefs? This is an important question to ask your girlfriend because everyone has different perspectives and value something different than the next person. It’s important that the two of you are on the same wavelength where values are concerned, as compatibility plays a factor in a successful relationship. Religious beliefs differ among all people, so finding out what her beliefs are can help you see if this might cause a problem down the road or if the two of you can find some common ground with it.
5. What are your deal breakers? Last on the list of five serious questions to ask your girlfriend is what her deal breakers are. We all have our weird traits and quirky habits that tend to drive our significant other absolutely nuts, but these are the trivial things. Find out what your girlfriend will absolutely not tolerate or forgive in a relationship, under any circumstances. Knowing what she will not compromise with before getting too serious can save the both of you years of heartache.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.