Looking for 5 sexy desserts to make for Valentine's Day? A sexy dessert is a perfect way to set the mood for things that follow dessert. Women get turned on by food, and a man who knows how to cook can be even sexier than the actual meal. Surprise your sweetie this Valentine's Day or on your next anniversary with these sexy desserts that will get her mouth watering. As an added bonus, most of these sexy desserts do not require silverware, and can be eaten right from the bedroom.
To make homemade whipped cream, you will need:
- 1/2 pt. whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- Strawberries and various fresh fruit (optional)
To make chocolate fondue, you will need:
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup extra heavy cream
- 4 bittersweet chocolate bars, chopped (substitute white chocolate, if desired)
- 2 tablespoons flavored liqueur (optional)
- Fresh fruit (for dipping)
To make chocolate mousse, you will need:
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg
- Whipped cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup chocolate powder
- A blender
To make banana’s foster, you will need:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon banana liqueur
- 4 bananas, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
To make a hot fudge sundae, you will need:
- Melted chocolate
- Melted caramel
- Vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries
- Chopped nuts, marshmallows, grated coconut and other toppings as desired
- Homemade whipped cream. Use a hand-held mixer for this simple and very sexy Valentine's Day dessert. Start whipping the cream with the mixer on a low setting. If you whip it too fast, it will become too thick. When it begins to thicken to the desired consistency (more like a fluffy cream and not as thick as butter), slowly stir in sugar. Refrigerate when finished. Serve with fresh strawberries or other various fruits.
- Chocolate fondue. Heat the cream in a small, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Once the cream begins to slowly boil, remove the cream from heat and whisk in the chocolate. If you choose to flavor the fondue with some liqueur, slowly mix it in and transfer the fondue to a pot above a small lit candle. If the fondue becomes too thick, stir in an extra 1/4 cup of cream, a little at a time, to the desired consistency. Arrange the items for dipping either around the pot or in small individual bowls and use fondue forks to dip the items in the fondue. Take turns feeding each other to make this an extra sexy dessert.
- Chocolate mousse. Chop the chocolate, egg and vanilla in a blender. Heat the cream on medium-low heat until it begins to simmer. Do not boil! With the blender still running, slowly pour hot cream into the hole in the cover. Blend until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Pour into individual dishes, top with powdered chocolate, cover and chill. Serve with homemade whipped cream.
- Banana’s foster. Melt butter in a large skillet over low heat. Add brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir with a wooden spoon until the sugar dissolves. Add in vanilla and banana liqueur and bring the sauce to a simmer. Add bananas and cook for one minute on each side. Remove the bananas from the pan and place onto a serving dish. Bring sauce to a simmer and slowly add the rum. If the sauce is very hot, the alcohol will flame on its own. If not, using a long lighter, carefully ignite the liquid and continue cooking for a minute or two until the flame dies out. If the sauce is too thin, cook until it is syrupy in consistency. Immediately spoon the sauce over the bananas and serve. This dessert is great by itself or served over vanilla ice cream.
- Hot fudge sundae. Spoon two scoops of vanilla ice cream into individual bowls. Top with homemade chocolate or melted caramel. Top with fresh whipped cream, cherries and any additional toppings. This sexy Valentines Day dessert doesn't even require bowls if you care to get creative!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Field Test: LA’s Best Valets Take on the Stingray
There are no wiser men than Hollywood car parkers to gauge the true star power of an automobile...
10 Things to Talk About This Weekend
Game of Thrones bloopers, sex geckos and more conversation starters for any social situation.
Friday Drink Special: The Little Zombie
Perhaps the world's first cocktail inspired by Comic Con and The Walking Dead.