These five shadow boxing tips can help you train, whether you are training for fun, exercise, or to enter the ring. Shadow boxing is a great way to develop agility, endurance, and rhythm in boxing. Take advantage of these five shadow boxing tips to improve your boxing skills and conditioning.
- Shadow box in rounds. One of the best ways to develop your conditioning and overall endurance is to simulate rounds. This will be especially helpful if you wish to prepare for the rings, by emulating the time and intensity of competition by shadow boxing.
- Work on punching and moving in angles. When you do bag work, the tendency to forget about angles is there. Make sure you rotate and punch at angles, which will help keep your opponent off guard in a real match.
- Add variety to your offense. Shadow boxing is a great way to simulate the variety you will need in the ring. Work on stringing together combinations when you are shadow boxing, and make sure to mix sets of combinations and punches as well.
- Use long shadow boxing sessions. Endurance is critical in boxing. Work on a few marathon sessions every now and then to test your cardiovascular endurance and your ability to punch and move when you're tired.
- Visualize your opponent. Shadow boxing is useful when you include your "shadow." Make sure to visualize your opponent. If you can do this well when you are shadow boxing, you will be able to concentrate on different aspects of your skill you want to improve.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.