You've made the perfect ham, but now you're wondering what side dishes to serve ham. You don't exactly want to wait until the last minute to start preparing the side dishes, so having an idea of what to make along with ham is always a good idea.
- Applesauce Applesauce is a traditional side dish that goes along with pork. It might seem like an odd side dish to go along with a savory ham, but the flavors compliment each other well.
- Mashed potatoes Mashed potatoes add a starchy component to the dish. It is easy to whip up homemade mashed potatoes. A faster option is instant mashed potatoes although you don't get quite the same texture and quality with the processed version.
- Asparagus risotto If you want to kick your dinner up a notch with a fancy side, asparagus risotto is a dish that will impress. There steps aren't complicated, but it does need to be executed perfectly so that all the parts come together. You are going to need to practice the technique before you serve your guests this side dish.
- Hot sauerkraut Sauerkraut is a classic side dish with all sorts of pork. It works out well with ham if it's shredded, cubed or thinly sliced. Store bought sauerkraut allows you to make the dish quickly and bring it all together with minimum preparation and one extra pan.
- Potato au gratin This side dish might sound a bit complicated, but all it really is layered sliced potatoes, onions and cheese. Plus, who doesn't love potatoes?
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Liev Schreiber Is a Bit Nicer Than Ray Donovan
With Season 2 underway, the actor explains how he relates to the nefarious character he plays.
Field Test: LA’s Best Valets Take on the Stingray
There are no wiser men than Hollywood car parkers to gauge the true star power of an automobile...
10 Things to Talk About This Weekend
Game of Thrones bloopers, sex geckos and more conversation starters for any social situation.