5 Side Dishes For Thanksgiving
These 5 side dishes for Thanksgiving will give a festive air to the holiday table. Thanksgiving is one holiday that is all about the food. Although the turkey may be the centerpiece of the menu, side dishes that you don't get to eat every day are also worthy of some fanfare. From cranberries to candied yams to green bean casserole, these Thanksgiving side dishes are sure to make your guests coming back for more.
- One can yams
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- One stick butter
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Open the can of yams. Pour them in a buttered square baking pan.
- Heat the butter and brown sugar on the stove for five minutes. Pour over the yams in the pan.
- Top with the miniature marshmallows.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 375 degrees.
- One bag fresh cranberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Pour the cranberries in a saucepan. Turn the heat to medium.
- Add the orange juice and sugar and stir.
- Cook for at least ten minutes, stirring so the cranberries won't stick.
- Remove from the heat. Let cool then pour into a serving bowl and cool in the refrigerator.
Green Bean Casserole
- Two cans green beans
- One can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 can fried onion rings
- Butter a casserole dish.
- Add the green beans that have been drained and the soup. Stir to mix.
- Top with the onion rings.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a 375 degree oven.
Celery Cream Cheese Boats
- Four to six stalks celery
- Cream cheese
- Remove the strings from the celery stalks. Cut the celery into 3-inch lengths.
- Spread cream cheese into the gutter of the celery.
- Arrange on a tray and serve as an appetizer.
- One bag baby spinach
- One red pepper
- Oil and vinegar dressing
- Wash and dry the spinach leaves. Place in a bowl.
- Dice the pepper into small pieces. Add to the spinach.
- Drizzle with an oil and vinegar dressing or serve it on the side.