These five simple and cheap vegan dishes for New Year’s Eve are easy to prepare, but incredibly delicious. Most of the ingredients will already be in the average vegan’s kitchen or can be purchased from any grocery store. Whether you are cooking for family, friends, or complete strangers, these recipes will please.
Black Eyed Peas and Greens (Serves 4)
Black Eyed Peas are prepared for New Year’s Eve to bring prosperity and good luck in the coming year. To make this simple and cheap vegan dish for New Year’s Eve, you will need the following:
- 10 oz frozen black eyed peas
- 10 oz frozen collard greens
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ tbsp cooking oil
- ¼ cup water
- Place peas, greens, garlic and oil into a frying pan. Simmer on medium-high heat for ten minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add water. Simmer ten more minutes.
- Add lemon juice and heat two minutes. Serve.
Penne with Tomatoes and Basil (Serves 4)
The second recipe in this series of five simple and cheap dishes for New Year’s Eve is healthy, tasty and ready in minutes. You will need:
- 1 ½ lb dried penne pasta
- 5 plum tomatoes
- 1 small bunch of basil
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to instructions on the box.
- Chop the tomatoes. Remove basil leaves from stems and tear into smaller pieces.
- Drain Pasta. Toss pasta with tomatoes, basil and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
Hummus and Roasted Pepper Wrap (Serves 2)
Healthy wraps make great simple and cheap vegan dishes for New Year’s Eve. You will need:
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 4 tbsp hummus
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat broiler to high. Cut bell peppers in half and remove seeds. Brush peppers with olive oil. Place peppers in broiler for five minutes. Let cool.
- Remove skin from bell peppers. Thinly slice tomato flesh.
- Evenly spread hummus over tortillas. Place roasted tomatoes on top of hummus. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll tortillas up and cut in half. Serve.
Tofu and Roasted Pepper Kebabs (Serves 4)
Either metal or bamboo skewers can be used to make kebabs. This simple and cheap vegan dish for New Year’s Eve uses the following ingredients.
- 9 oz firm tofu
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 green bell peppers
- 4 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- ½ cup roasted peanuts
- Preheat broiler to medium heat.
- Grind peanuts in a blender or food processor.
- Use a paper towel to pat tofu dry. Cut tofu into one-inch cubes.
- Coat tofu cubes with ground nuts.
- Cut bells peppers in half and remove seeds. Chop pepper halves into large chunks.
- Place bell peppers and tofu cubes in an alternating pattern onto four skewers. Put on grill rack that has been lined with foil.
- Broil for ten minutes while turning frequently. Serve with dipping sauce.
Poached Pears (Serves 8)
The final recipe in this series of five simple and cheap vegan dishes for Near Year’s Eve will satisfy your sweet tooth. You will need:
- 4 pears
- 1 cup cranberry apple juice
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Peel pears, cut in half and remove cores.
- Place pears into a microwave-safe dish. Pour lemon juice and cranberry apple juice over pears. Cover.
- Microwave on high power for six minutes. Spoon juice over pears.
- Place covered pears in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Serve.
Using holiday-themed dishes and supplies will make these five simple and cheap vegan dishes for New Year’s Eve even more enjoyable.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.