5 Slow Cooker Dessert Recipes
A slow cooker isn’t just for meat and soups, it can be used to create these 5 slow cooker dessert recipes. Slow cooker desserts are great for a low maintenance dessert that cooks while you prepare the rest of your meal. It is important to keep the slow cooker lid closed during the cooking time so that the desserts cook evenly and the heat does not escape.
1. Baked apples
- 6 apples
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup apple cider or apple juice
- Remove the cores from the apples.
- Mix a half teaspoon of the cinnamon with the sugar and spoon the mixture into the apples.
- Place the apples in the bottom of the slow cooker and sprinkle with the rest of the cinnamon.
- Slice the butter into small pieces and place on top of the apples.
- Pour the apple juice or cider over the apples.
- Cover and cook on low for six hours.
2. Caramel Rum Sauce
- 7 ounces of caramel
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- 2 teaspoons rum
- Melt the caramel and whipping cream together in the slow cooker for about 45 minutes on high.
- Stir in the marshmallows and rum. Cover and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Drizzle over sliced pears, apples, pound cake, or ice cream.
3. Slow Cooker Sweet Rice Pudding
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 cup sweet condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Coat the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients and pour into the slow cooker
- Cover and cook on low for approximately three hours
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar before serving.
4. Chocolate Mess
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 pint of sour cream
- 1 package of instant chocolate pudding mix,
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients and pour into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low four to five hours.
5. Candied Bananas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 bananas
- ½ lemon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon.
- Place butter in the bottom of the slow cooker and turn on low.
- Slice four bananas into ½ inch slices and place on top of the butter.
- Squeeze the lemon and pour the juice over the bananas along with the sugar and cinnamon.
- Cook on low for two hours, stir, and cook on high for one more hour.
- Spoon over ice cream or pound cake.