These 5 slow cooker ham recipes make meal preparation a snap. Using a slow cooker lets you toss a few ingredients in a crock-pot or slow cooker, go about your day, and have dinner waiting on you when you are ready to eat. While some curing methods make ham safe to eat cold, as a general rule ham should be cooked to a minimum inner temperature of 165 degrees. Cooking ham in a slow cooker helps to ensure a safe inner temperature while allowing the flavors of recipe ingredients to blend. Whether you are cooking the ham alone or as an ingredient in a one-pot meal, these 5 slow cooker ham recipes will help lighten up your meal preparation work-load.
- Ham with gravy recipe. Place a roasting ham in your slow cooker. Combine 1 cup of water, 1 cup of coffee, and 1/4 cup of corn starch in a mixing bowl and stir until the smooth. Pour the liquid around the edges of the ham. Set the slow cooker on high heat and let the ham cook for 6 to 8 hours.
- Ham with cheesy potatoes. Peel and cube 6 to 8 medium potatoes and place the cubes in the slow cooker. Cube 1 pound of ham and place on top of the potatoes. Sprinkle 12 ounces of shredded cheddar or Colby cheese on top of the ham. Combine 4 tablespoons of flour and 1/2 cup of milk in a mixing bowl and pour over the cheese. Set the crock pot on low heat and let cook for 6 to 8 hours until the potatoes are soft.
- Ham and lentils recipe. Put 1 pound of cubed ham, 8 ounces of lentils, 1/2 stick thinly sliced celery, 1 peeled and sliced carrot, and 6 cups of water or ham stock in the slow cooker. Set the slow cooker on high heat and let cook for 6 to 8 hours, until the lentils are soft.
- Ham and potato soup. Put 1/2 pound of diced ham, 4 peeled and cubed potatoes, 1/4 cup of diced onion, 1 sliced celery stick, 1/4 cup flour in the slow cooker. Add enough water to fill the slow cooker 1 inch from the top. Cook the soup on high heat for 6 to eight hours, until the potatoes are soft.
- Ham and soup beans recipe. Rinse, then soak 1 pound of dry navy or pinto beans over night. Drain the excess water off of the beans before you put them in the slow cooker. Place 1 pound of cubed ham in the slow cooker with the navy or pinto beans. Add 1/4 cup diced onion and fill the slow cooker with water until it is 1 inch from the top. Let the ham and bean soup, also commonly called soup beans, cook for 6 to 8 hours.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.