Before you hire a television repair person or get on the phone with a technical support agent, check out our list of 5 Sony Projection TV Troubleshooting Tips! Fortunately, many of the problems with televisions are basic in nature and can be resolved in minutes.
- Audio and video are out of sync – five Sony Projection TV Troubleshooting Tips. The best way to resolve this issue is to reset your television to factory settings. To do this, turn your television on and grab your remote control. On the remote, press and hold either the [RESET] or [UP ARROW] button. While holding one of those buttons, press and release the power button that is located on the front of the television itself. Release the [RESET] or [UP ARROW] button on the remote and you should be good to go.
- Audio setting is not changing in the TV menu – five Sony Projection TV Troubleshooting Tips. Chances are that your television might be set to the video input. To resolve this issue, follow these steps: turn the television on, press the [TV FUNCTION] button on your remote control, press the [DISPLAY] button to view the channel number, press the [TV/VIDEO] or [INPUT] button repeatedly until the desired video input is selected, and finally press the [DISPLAY] button to remote the video input screen from your television.
Sound is only coming from one speaker – 5fiveSony Projection TV Troubleshooting Tips. If you are only hearing sound from one speaker on your television, you can begin to troubleshoot this problem by pressing the [MENU] button on your remote control and going into the audio menu. Find the MTS setting and ensure that it is set to stereo. While you are in the audio menu, you can try to adjust the balance option. Finally, you will want to check the audio cables that are plugged into your Sony television to make sure that they are properly connected.
- No signal reception – five Sony Projection TV Troubleshooting Tips. The first thing that you will want to do is check the cable or antenna wire to ensure that it is plugged into the VHF/UHF input on your television. If you have a VCR connected to your television, unplug the VCR. You can also try going into your television's menu and checking the tuner setting. If you are using a cable or satellite receiver, make sure the tuner is set to cable. While you are in that menu, you can auto program the television.
Standby indicator light flashes three times – five Sony Projection TV Troubleshooting Tips. Luckily, this is an easy one to fix! If the standby indicator light on the front of your Sony projection television flashes three times, it simply means that the lamp cover, located on the side of the television, is not secured properly.
Tips and Warnings:
- Do not attempt to use our five Sony Projection TV Troubleshooting Tips if you feel that you do not possess the necessary technical skills.
If, after using our five Sony Projection TV Troubleshooting Tips, you are still experiencing technical difficulties with your television, contact Sony directly.
- Televisions are becoming more and more like computers. You can often resolve any issue with your television by resetting the television. You can do this by turning off your Sony television and unplugging it for five to ten minutes.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.