5 St. Patrick's Day Party Recipes
Sharing 5 St. Patrick's Day party recipes gives you more chances to enjoy the annual celebration on March 17 by adding the color green to your party dishes. Although this holiday is a religious one in Ireland in honor of the patron saint, in the United States it is celebrated with parades, wearing green clothes, drinking green beer and eating green items at parties.
St. Patrick's Party Mix With Pistachios
The California Pistachio Commission offers this recipe that makes four cups.
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- Dash bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup EACH: bite size shredded wheat biscuits, bite size toasted corn cereal, sesame chips or bite-sized toasted rice cereal and small pretzel twists
- 1 cup natural California pistachios, chopped
- Heat butter, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and bottled hot pepper sauce until butter melts.
- Combine remaining ingredients in 13-x-9-x-2 inch pan.
- Drizzle butter mixture over cereal mixture and toss lightly.
- Bake uncovered at 300 degrees for one hour or until crisp and lightly toasted.
- Stir every fifteen minutes.
- 1 cup beer
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Pinch of salt.
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- Vegetable oil
- Sour cream
- Whisk together beer, flour, parsley and salt. Let batter rest one hour. Dip broccoli into batter.
- Fry at 375 degrees with vegetable oil until golden brown (about two minutes).
- Drain on paper towels. Serve with sour cream.
A colorful combination of ingredients including green peppers that makes six servings.
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup minced white onion
- 2 tbsp. green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups whole kernel corn, drained (If using frozen corn, thaw or microwave it before adding to the pan)
- 1 tbsp. chopped pimento peppers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring until evenly browned, about ten minutes.
- Drain the bacon on a paper towel-lined plate, leaving the grease in the skillet.
- Stir the onion and bell pepper into the skillet.
- Cook until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about five minutes. Add the corn, pimentos and reserved bacon.
- Cook and stir until heated through, three to five minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper before serving. Makes six servings.
St. Patrick's Mint Kiss
Tastes like a chocolate mint cookie!
- 2 parts Irish cream
- Splash of green creme de menthe
- 1 part cream or milk
- Chocolate syrup
- Shake all ingredients with ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Strain into a martini glass.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
Green Clover Patch Brownies
- 1 package Duncan Hines Family Style Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix
- Package pre-made marzipan or fondant
- Green food coloring
- Green toothpicks
- Bake brownies according to instructions on box. Remove from oven and let cool. Cut brownies into squares.
- Knead green food coloring into marzipan or fondant until desired shade of green is achieved.
- Form small (one-inch) three-leaf and four-leaf clover shapes out of fondant or marzipan.
- Stick clover shapes on top of green toothpicks. Insert little bunches of clovers onto each brownie.