5 Starters For Christmas Dinner
Appetizers can make an ordinary meal extraordinary, and here are 5 starters for Christmas dinner. These easy starters for Christmas dinner can be served as an appetizer while your guests socialize and wait for the meal to be cooked, or they can be served at the table just before the main dishes are brought to the table. Some of these recipes would even work for bringing to a potluck meal.
1. Super Simple Crab Dip
To make super simple crab dip, you will need:
- 1 8-ounce light cream cheese
- 1 6-ounce can crab meat (Drain and save liquid)
- 1/4 cup green onions (Finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (Fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Hot pepper sauce (To taste)
- Microwave cream cheese until softened (about two minutes) in a medium sized bowl, then stir until smooth.
- Stir in crab meat, green onions, 2 tablespoons of reserved crab liquid, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, paprika and hot pepper sauce.
- Microwave again until piping hot.
2. Feta Cheese Dip
To make feta cheese dip, you will need:
- 2 8-ounce packages of fat-free cream cheese (Softened)
- 1 8-ounce package of regular or low-fat Feta cheese
- 3 cloves garlic (Peeled and minced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill (Chopped)
- Blend all ingredients together with an electric mixer.
- Transfer blended mixture to serving bowl, cover and refrigerate at least four hours or overnight.
- Garnish will leftover dill.
3. Salmon Dip
To make salmon dip, you will need:
- 1 15-ounce can of pink salmon
- 8-ounce can of cream cheese (Softened)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Romaine lettuce
- Drain salmon and mash any bones (They won't be noticeable).
- Beat cream cheese, sour cream, horseradish, salt and garlic powder until smooth.
- Mix in salmon until well blended.
- Arrange Romaine lettuce in a festive serving bowl.
- Spoon salmon mixture into bowl and sprinkle with paprika.
4. Sesame Cream Cheese Dip
To make sesame cream cheese dip, you will need:
- 1 8-ounce block of cream cheese
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Soy sauce
- Unwrap cream cheese and place in a shallow serving bowl.
- Pour enough soy sauce over cream cheese to surround it.
- Top with toasted sesame seeds and serve.
5. Spicy Cumin Almonds
To make spicy cumin almonds, you will need:
- 2 cups whole almonds (Blanched)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin (Ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Toss almonds with olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Place in a baking pan.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until toasted.