Here are 5 successful student entrepreneurs. Although conventional wisdom says that if you go to college you will be successful, there are some very successful student entrepreneurs. These people got a great idea while they were in school, and didn’t wait to make their dreams come true.
- Michael Dell. When he was a student, Michael saw an opening in the market and he exploited it. Now Dell computers are in many homes and offices throughout American and around the world. Now that he is financially successful entreprenuer, Michael Dell donates money to a variety of good causes.
- Mark Zuckerburg. Mark is notorious for starting Facebook in his college dorm room. Eventually the site took on a life of its’ own, and Mark dropped out of college so he could focus on his business. Facebook has made Mark a millionaire, and become one of the most visited sites on the Internet.
- Bill Gates. Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft is one of the most successful student entrepreneurs. While he was in college, Bill was full of ideas and couldn’t wait to get out in the world. Microsoft is now the standard operating system shipped on most new personal computers in the US.
- Steve Jobs. After one semester of college Steve Jobs dropped out to form Apple Computer. What started off as a computer company in a Silicon Valley garage has now expanded to a company that creates user friendly technology solutions for daily life.
- Sean “P. Diddy” Combs. While attending Howard University Diddy was a promoter, who did an internship at Uptown Records in New York. Eventually the pull of his music career was too strong, and Diddy left the textbooks behind. He is now one of the best known entrepreneurs and entertainers around the world whose empire includes endeavors into music, fashion, and television.
Now that you’ve learned about some successful student entrepreneurs, hopefully you will be motivated to make some of your own ideas come true. Their stories show that hard work can make your dreams come true – without formal education.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
The Gentleman’s Guide to Tattoos
These tips from our resident expert will serve you well in the chair.