5 Summer Party Themes
If you're looking for some great summer party themes, you came to the right place. When the days are longer and the weather is nice, it is a great excuse to host a party. To make your party more interesting, why not have a themed party? It’s a great way to get your guests involved, create a themed drink and pick decorations. Here are five great themes for a summer party:
- Mexican Fiesta Although preparing Mexican food does require a lot of chopping and cutting, you can do most of the preparation before your guests arrive and assemble and cook the food at the last minute. For drinks, you can serve Mexican beers and margaritas.
- Tiki You can buy a bunch of cheap, fake grass skirts and hand them out to your guests when they arrive. Serve tropical rum punch and roast a pig. Using tiki torches can be decorative; they provide lighting in your backyard and produce smoke that keeps the bugs away.
- Beach Bonfire Even if you don’t live near a beach, you can safely start a bonfire in a big field. All you need is some old wood and build a fire pit with large stones to surround the fire. For food, you will need marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers to make s’mores. Throw in a keg of beer.
- Patriotic Plenty of people barbecue for the Fourth of July. A stars and stripes theme is a great theme all summer long. Red, white and blue decorations are always easily available and it is a great gender neutral party.
- Pool Party After you’ve been spending time in the gym, there’s no better way to show off your hard work than by hosting a pool party. While people are swimming or lounging by the pool, you only need to service finger foods and a signature drink. No one wants to grub on ribs or anything messy while they’re in bathing suits.
No matter what theme you pick, your summer party will be a success as long as you have food, drinks, friends, music and an open mind. Make the most of the summer by trying out all five ideas and giving a prize to the person who has the most creative costume.