5 Super Bowl Snack Recipes
The Super Bowl is known for three things, the game, the ads, and the food. This year, don't let a third of your party go to waste. Here are five Super Bowl snack recipes that are sure to please any sports fans.
Classic Wings. Wings are a must-have at any Super Bowl event.
- 5 pounds chicken wings
- 4 cups oil
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Prep the wings. Cut the tips off, then cut the wings in half. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fry the wings. Heat the oil in a deep skillet. Add half the wings. Fry until golden brown. Place on a paper towel to dry. Add the other half and repeat.
- Make the sauce. Melt the butter in a pan, then add the hot sauce and vinegar.
- Mix the sauce and wings together. You're ready to serve!
Cool-Down Celery. After those spicy wings, these snacks are sure to help.
- 1 sleeve of celery
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
- Prep the celery. Wash and cut into one-inch pieces.
- Mix the cream cheese and dressing. Stir until combined.
- Stuff the celery with the dressing mixture. Chill a half hour and serve.
Guacamole. This dip is easy and delicious.
- 2 avocados
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 tomato
- 1 lime, juiced
- Prep the ingredients. Peel and mash the avocados. Chop the onion, garlic, tomato, and jalapeno.
- Mix the ingredients together. Add the lime juice, salt, and pepper to taste. Chill a half hour and serve with tortilla chips.
Classic Salsa. This salsa is a hit at any party.
- 1 can of whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 bunches scallions
- 6 to 8 sprigs cilantro
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Red pepper flakes
- Prep the ingredients. Pulse the tomatoes in a blender until just broken up. Chop the scallions and the cilantro.
- Add the other ingredients to the blender. Pulse until mixed, but not liquefied. Add the red pepper flakes and salt to taste. Chill an hour and serve with tortilla chips.
BLT Bites. A finger food take on a classic sandwich.
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1 bunch scallions
- 6 sprigs parsley
- 1 pound bacon
- Prep the ingredients. Cook and crumble the bacon. Chop the scallions and parsley. Cut the tops of the tomatoes off and remove their insides.
- Make the filling. Mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise, bacon, parsley, and scallions together.
- Stuff the tomatoes with the filling. Chill for an hour and serve.