Knowing 5 supplements for kidney health is very beneficial. Without healthy kidneys a person may develop a urinary tract infection, kidney stones, kidney infection, or in some cases kidney failure. If kidney failure occurs, enduring dialysis and/or a transplant may be the only options.
- Lemon Juice: Real lemon juice, not lemon flavoring, is a very simple supplement for kidney health. The acid that is naturally in lemon juice may help break up kidney stones. It may also prevent the formation of stones. Lemon juice is also a natural antiseptic, which is useful in kidney health because it many help prevent bacteria from forming in the kidneys and causing an infection.
- Vitamin B6: All "B" vitamins are healthy and beneficial for the kidneys. Vitamin B6 is more beneficial in particular, because it helps in lowering urinary oxalate. Urinary oxalate is the main ingredient in some stones. If prone to that type of stone, this is a great method of prevention. A vitamin B6 deficiency may be the cause of kidney stones in some cases.
- Vitamin C: This vitamin is wonderful for the immune system, as well as kidney health. Vitamin C helps in the prevention of uric acid crystal kidney stones. An easy way to get more vitamin C is by consuming grapes, oranges, carrots, juices, and vitamin C supplements.
- Aloe Vera Juice: This type of juice can reduce the size of a kidney stone. It can also prevent the formation of stones. Aloe Vera juice is known to be an anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, and anti- bacterial supplement. It is a very beneficial supplement for great overall kidney health, as well as the relief of pain from a kidney stone.
- Horsetail: Commonly found in pill form, this supplement is used primarily as a diuretic, which rids the body of excess fluids, by increasing the output of urine. Increased urine output is a staple for good kidney health.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
What Your Shoes Tell Her About You
How footwear can kick-start your dating game—or kick dirt on your grave.