If you’re ready for a marathon of debauchery, mayhem and angst ridden youth, check out these 5 teen drug movies. Some are fun, others are intensely depressing. But, all of them share a wildly entertaining quality that comes only with risky, raunchy behavior.
- "Dazed and Confused." On the nostalgic side of the teen drug spectrum, "Dazed and Confused" chronicles graduation day at a suburban high school in the ‘70s. The movie recalls the innocent days when smoking pot and drinking were the worst of what kids did. Keep an eye peeled for great roles by Ben Affleck and Matthew McConaughey.
- "Rebel Without a Cause." Made in 1955, this movie starring the legendary James Dean may seem pretty vanilla. But for its time, "Rebel Without a Cause" was a shocker. The movie opens with a drunk Dean being thrown in jail – far from the Beaver family lifestyle idolized in the Fifties. His performance and the movie’s topical message made it an instant classic.
- "Fast Times at Ridgemont Highs." This movie has it all: sex, drugs and Sean Penn. Constant weed jokes, the immaculate Phoebe Cates and Penn’s spot on performance as burned out stoner Jeff Spicoli are the high points of "Fast Times." It may have come out in the Eighties, but it’s no "Breakfast Club" or "Sixteen Candles."
- "Requiem for a Dream." To be fair, this movie doesn’t feature teenagers as characters. It has, however, attracted a huge cult following of mostly teens in the last decade. Shot in a unique montage style for many scenes, director Darren Aronofsky paints a graphic and disturbing picture of drug use. The brutal situations the characters find themselves in will make anyone second guess the consumption of hard drugs.
- "Rules of Attraction." This film follows the exploits of college students in their late teens and early twenties. It chronicles the out of control lifestyles of kids with broken hearts and drug and alcohol ridden bodies. The dark comedy and unbridled outrageousness of the story and its characters make for a gripping film. As a bonus, Jessica Biel appears in her underwear – upping the movie’s status from might-see to must-see.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …