Any avid tennis player should learn these 5 tennis forehand strokes. Learning the different types of forehand strokes can really help your tennis game. Improving your tennis game will ultimately improve your winning percentage.
- Hitting flat is the way to go. A flat forehand is a very effective stroke in tennis. A flat forehand moves quickly through the court. This will take time away from your opponent and put you in a better winning position. To hit a flat forehand in tennis, you will need to adjust your tennis grip. You should use a western grip for a flat forehand in tennis. To key to hitting a flat forehand is to hit through the ball and to make sure that you follow through across your body.
- Spin it in. Hitting with spin makes it easier to win. Hitting a forehand stroke with topspin in tennis makes it a little easier to win. The topspin forehand comes down into the court. This means that you will hit the ball out a lot less. Use a western tennis grip and scoop the ball when you make contact. Follow through over your head.
- Inside out forehand. The inside out forehand is an effective way to open up the court and put yourself in a winning percentage. The inside out forehand is a good shot because it confuses your opponent. If you use the inside out forehand you have more than one option. You can hit the ball up the line or inside out. You can use a western or semi-western grip. To hit this shot effectively, you will need to add a little space between you in the ball.
- Moon ball. Hitting a forehand moon ball is a good way to change up the pace of play. The moon ball forehand is also a good defensive shot. Hitting the moon ball forehand will give you more time to recover and get back into a neutral position. Using a western grip, scoop up on the ball and hold the follow through.
- Swinging forehand. The swinging forehand stroke in tennis is not a easy shot to hit. Typically, it is use as a defensive shot or as an aggressive shot in tennis. You can use any forehand technique or grip for this stroke. Not allowing the ball to touch the court first is what makes this a swinging forehand stroke.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.