5 Thanksgiving Appetizers
Thanksgiving is one of the most anticipated holidays of the year and has a tradition of great food and overeating, especially with these five Thanksgiving appetizers. Serve these up and your feast is sure to be a big success. They are delicious and appealing to the eye. Plus, appetizers will keep everyone occupied and out of the kitchen allowing you to finish preparing your meal.
- Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms. This is a quick appetizer to make. Total prep time is only 25 minutes. It is a healthy and appealing choice for an appetizer.
- Oysters Rockefeller. One of the all time favorite appetizers ever is Oysters Rockefeller. Total prep and bake time together is almost an hour but it is well worth it. Shop around ahead of time to find the best price on oysters in your area. Many grocery stores will special order them for you if you give them enough advance notice.
- Phyllo Triangles. This delicate sausage and cheese stuffed pastry will have your mouth watering before you finish baking it. Preparation time is 30 minutes and usually requires ten to fifteen minutes to bake. A plus to this appetizer is you have the option of substituting spinach for the sausage to accommodate the vegetarians on your guest list. There is also the option of using a meatless marinara with the sausage version. The pastry squares are usually available in the freezer section of higher-end grocery stores.
- Crostini with Dried Tomato-Feta Spread. This is an appetizer that is super quick and easy to make. The total time start to finish is 25 minutes. A quick tip: partially freeze the French loaf bread to make it easier to slice. It will also help the bread retain its appealing loaf shape after you cut it.
- Smoky or Cheddar Cheese Ball. Holidays simply require a cheese ball tray. There are more varieties and variations of this appetizer than any other. You can make your own or pick up some really good ones in the store. You can be creative. If you prefer blue cheese, Colby, cheddar, or Gouda, there is a cheese ball out there for you. If you are making your own, make it the night before and refrigerate over night. This improves flavor and "sets" the cheese.
Thanksgiving is a day of family and friends gathering together to celebrate all the blessings that the year has brought them. So, use these five Thanksgiving appetizer ideas to make your celebration delicious and memorable.