5 Thanksgiving Day Recipes
Learn how to make 5 Thanksgiving Day recipes that make the holidays easier to enjoy. A delicious roasted turkey, potatoes, salad, vegetables, and cranberry sauce make a great Thanksgiving Day meal. Find out that cooking Thanksgiving dinner can be stress free and enjoyable. These easy recipes make cooking on Thanksgiving easy. So this Thanksgiving, try one or more of the five Thanksgiving recipes listed below.
Herb Roasted Thanksgiving Turkey
- 1 12-15 pound turkey defrosted
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil minced
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees. Remove the giblets from the center; put aside.
- Put the turkey in a roasting pan with a lid. Rub olive oil into the turkey skin covering evenly before cooking.
- Pour one cup water into the bottom of the pan. Add more later if needed.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil and the spices. With a basting brush, put on turkey evenly before roasting.
- Cover and let cook. Bake for three to four hours or until the internal temperature reaches 180 F.
- To brown, remove cover last hour. Let stand 20 minutes before carving.
Greens With Apples and White Cheddar
- 1 head green leaf lettuce cored and chopped
- 1 head or arugula or watercress diced
- 2 Granny Smith apples peeled and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 8 oz sharp white cheddar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the greens and cut on cutting board. Chop well. Put ingredients in medium bowl
- Peel and slice the Granny Smith apple thin. Sprinkle with lemon juice add to salad.
- Add chopped pecans. Using a potato peeler, shave several curls of white cheddar into the salad.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill salad in bowl about one hour. Add dressing just before serving.
Quick Cranberry Salad
- 1 box cranberry gelatin
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 can whole cranberries
- 2 cans mandarin oranges drained
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Prepare gelatin according to package directions. Add one cup of boiling water in the bowl.
- Add canned whole cranberries and drained orange slices to gelatin mixture.
- Fold in walnuts; mix and distribute evenly.
- Pour gelatin mixture into a mold or bowl. Let it chill in the refrigerator several hours.
Baked Potatoes with Bacon and White Cheddar
- 5 to 8 medium potatoes
- 1 bag shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 package bacon strips
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Poke each with fork so steam vents.
- Bake potatoes about 45 minutes or until done.
- Cut bacon strips into pieces using kitchen shears of knife.
- Cook bacon strips until done. Put aside in bowl.
- When potatoes are done, cut open. Add bacon first then shredded white cheddar.
- Put under broiler until cheese melts about two to three minutes. Serve immediately.
Green Beans with Olive Oil, Garlic and Lime Juice
- 1 lb or more fresh green beans trimmed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- On the stove, boil a pot of water and add salt. Put the green beans in pot.
- Boil green beans for fifteen to twenty minutes until cooked.
- Drain water from green beans put in medium size bowl.
- Add the olive oil, lime juice and garlic. Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste serve.
Enjoy Thanksgiving Day with these tasty recipes that have easy to follow instructions. You will find that cooking on Thanksgiving is a snap with these flavorful, easy recipes.