5 Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes
These 5 Thanksgiving dessert recipes will end your Thanksgiving meal with a bang. Whether you like pie, cake or cookies, this list contains something for everyone. Roll your sleeves up, dig in and-most important- remember to sample a few of your creations; you know, just in case.
1. Pumpkin Pie
To make a pumpkin pie, you will need:
- 9-inch pre-made pie crust
- 1, 6 oz. can of pumpkin pie filling
- 1 tsp. of nutmeg and cinnamon
- 1 small can condensed milk
- Whipped cream, if desired
- Pecans, if desired, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp. sugar and cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients except butter and pie crust in a bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into pie dish, dotting edges of dish with small pieces of butter.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or as directed by pumpkin filling manufacturer.
- Pie is done when toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let pie cool thoroughly.
- Melt 1 tbsp. butter in microwave and mix with sugar and cinnamon, add pecans, mix and spread over top of pie.
- Serve with whipped cream.
2. Apple Crisp
To make an apple crisp, you will need:
- 1, 8x10 glass baking dish, buttered and floured
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 6 baking apples, cored and peeled
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- 1/2 cup of sugar and cinnamon, or more as needed for taste
- 1/2 lb. of cranberries (thawed and rinsed)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix apples with cinnamon, sugar and cranberries and pour into baking dish.
- Chop butter into 1 tbsp. pieces and mix with oatmeal and cranberries.
- Mixture will be lumpy, and it is best to use your hands.
- Pour mixture over apples and bake for 45 minutes to an hour, or when top appears brown.
3. Red Hot Apple Sauce
To make red hot apple sauce, you will need:
- 2 cups red hot candies
- 6 cups plain applesauce in a jar
- Green apple slices
- Whipped cream
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Reduce heat and add in red hot candies.
- Stir constantly until candies begin to melt, adding more water, if necessary. Do not let candy get too hot or the mixture will become caramelized.
- Add in applesauce and stir until combined.
- Remove from heat, transfer to a new dish.
- Top with whipped cream and apple slices prior to serving.
To make ambrosia, you will need:
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 2 oz. sour cream
- 3 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup each, Clementine oranges, pineapple, maraschino cherries
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup toasted, coarsely chopped pecans
- Sugar (optional)
- Mint leaves (optional)
- Mix heavy cream, sour cream and sugar (if desired) in a bowl until peaks form.
- Add fruit and pecans and mix until combined.
- Cover and chill for at least two hours. Garnish with mint leaves before serving.
5. Bread Pudding
To make bread pudding, you will need:
- 1 lb. bread, brioche preferred
- 5 cups whole milk
- 2 boxes custard
- Dark rum
- 2 egg yolks, beaten until foamy
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 cup each walnuts, pecans and raisins
- Rum and brandy (optional)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, butter interior of baking dish.
- Cut bread into pieces and line bottom of dish.
- Combine milk, custard packets, eggs and nutmeg in a bowl and whisk. Add rum, if desired, to taste.
- Pour mixture over bread and let rest for five minutes. Bake for approximately one hour.
- While baking, melt butter and sugar and brandy, if desired, in saucepan until slightly boiling and beginning to thicken.
- Pour over bread.