5 Thanksgiving Dinner Ideas
5 Thanksgiving dinner ideas give you a chance to vary the same old Thanksgiving traditions without giving them up completely. Traditionally, turkey has always been the star of the meal but that is when most people only ate turkey once a year. Turkey just happens to be one of the most healthy meats you can eat, so people are having it more often than just on Thanksgiving 5 Thanksgiving dinner ideas include stuffing that has also changed a lot over the years. It used to be made only from soggy stale bread with some liver and seasonings, now with new Thanksgiving dinner ideas it can be the star of the show by being made out of wild rice, or croutons mixed with nuts and seeds and even sometimes a seasonal fruit.
For 5 Thanksgiving Dinner Ideas, you'll need:
- Filet Mignon
- Chilean Sea Bass
- Crown Roast of Pork
- Make a bacon wrapped filet mignon for each of your Thanksgiving dinner. This is a very easy steak to make it's almost foolproof. Pan sear each one at high heat and then wrap it in foil and bake it for 45 minutes to an hour. Serve twice baked potatoes with all the trimmings. You can also include a stuffing made with crab meat, cranberry sauce, creamed corn, 7-layer salad, and garlic bread.
- Serve lobster with garlic butter. Include wild brown rice, green beans almondine, parmesan bread sticks, cranberry sauce, and creamy cole slaw for Thanksgiving dinner.
- Bake some Chilean sea bass for your guests and serve it with a fresh lime and butter. Try serving some mashed sweet potatoes, glazed carrot coins with brussel sprouts, cranberry sauce, dinner rolls, and a pasta salad with a vinaigrette sauce.
- Bake a crown roast with bread stuffing and cranberry sauce. Roasted potatoes, baby peas with pearl onions, and a green salad would be great with the roast. Don't forget the dinner rolls with this meal.
- Use a slow cooker to make a spiral honey ham covered with a maple flavored gravy. Serve glazed sweet potatoes, creamed corn, cranberry sauce, potato salad, and sauerkraut along with dinner rolls for this meal.
You may just want to change the meat itself to one of the choices above and keep the other traditional side dishes or use the suggestions above.
A smoked or Polish sausage makes a great second meat to serve with any of the above.