5 Thanksgiving Dinner Menu Ideas
These 5 Thanksgiving dinner menu ideas are sure to offer something for everyone. Whether it's a traditional Thanksgiving or a hot and spicy one, there's a menu idea here to fit the theme. Thanksgiving is a holiday meant to celebrate and give thanks for many things, including a plentiful harvest. That doesn't mean that the same menu has to be used every year. Whether it's and American meal or a Canadian one, why not use a little variety to give thanks this year?
- Have a traditional Thanksgiving menu. This menu usually consists of Roast Turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, cranberry sauce, yams, rolls and stuffing. For dessert, pumpkin pie is usually served along with apple and sweet potato pie. This is usually served at a large table that seats everyone.
- Relax with a buffet Thanksgiving dinner. Whether traditional food is served or everyone simply brings their favorite dish, Thanksgiving can be a casual celebration with everyone enjoying the time spent relaxing with loved ones.
- Lighten the Thanksgiving load. With so many people concerned about their weight and health, having a large Thanksgiving dinner with plenty of starches may be intimidating to some. Lighten the amount of calories and fat by serving skinless turkey breast, cranberries, salad and corn.
- Make it to order with a bistro style Thanksgiving menu. Serve up plates of food rather than offering large platters to choose from. In this manner, people who wish to eat heavy can have their meal ready made while those that wish to reduce their caloric intake aren't tempted by foods they shouldn't have!
- Spice up Thanksgiving! Why not have a Cajun style meal for those who enjoy hot spices? Add some cayenne pepper to your rub, use oyster dressing and serve gumbo with creamy potato salad for a real Cajun style meal that's sure to please the spice lovers in the family!