5 Thanksgiving Side Recipes
With these 5 Thanksgiving side recipes, your Thanksgiving dinner can be one the family will remember for years. Thanksgiving is a time of family, being grateful, and coming together-but it's also a time of food!
Sweet Potato Casserole
This Autumn treat is perfect for Thanksgiving!
- 6 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- Splash of vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- Prep your kitchen. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a large casserole dish. Beat the eggs and melt the butter.
- Mix the casserole. Mix the sweet potatoes and sugar in a large bowl until combined. Mix in the butter, vanilla, milk, and eggs.
- Pour the mixture into the dish. Top the mixture with some cinnamon, brown sugar, and pecans. Bake for 45 minutes. Serve hot.
This simple side is perfect for any party-not just Thanksgiving!
- 1 bunch celery
- 1 package cream cheese
- Prep your kitchen. Wash and cut the celery into one-inch-long pieces.
- Stuff the celery. Fill the celery pieces with the cream cheese. Top with sprinklings of dill. Chill and serve.
Green Bean Casserole
This Southern side is perfect Thanksgiving comfort food.
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cans French-cut green beans
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can fried onions
- Prep your kitchen. Grease large casserole dish. Drain the green beans. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the casserole. Mix the green beans, sour cream, and soup in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour into the casserole dish.
- Bake. Top with the onions and bake for 30 minutes. Serve warm.
What's a Turkey without Thanksgiving? This side is simpler than it seems.
- 1 loaf white bread
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 stalks celery
- Prep your kitchen. Chop the onion and celery. Tear or cut the bread into cubes. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix the stuffing. Mix together the bread, celery, onions, chicken broth, and seasoning. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake. Wrap the stuffing in foil and bake for an hour. Serve warm.
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
This Italian take on a traditional Thanksgiving recipe is delicious!
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 7 potatoes
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 stick butter
- Prep your kitchen. Peel and dice the potatoes. Peel the garlic. Cube the butter. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roast the garlic. Put the garlic in a baking dish. Drizzle with oil. Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- Boil the potatoes. In a large pot, boil water. Add potatoes and cook until tender. Drain the potatoes.
- Mix the potatoes. Put the potatoes, half-and-half, butter, and garlic in a bowl and mash together. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve.